Here are some great online resources, compiled by Bootcamp lead trainer Nim, on how to run a great online training!
This blog is part of a wider-series written by Bootcamp’s lead trainer, Nim Ralph, focused on how to run engaging online trainings in the midst of the Covid-19 crisis. To see the other blogs in the series, scroll to the end of this post.
In my blog series, I’ve outlined everything I’ve learned and know about how to run an engaging online training. This final post is a collection my favourite resources to help you on your journey running virtual trainings!
Tools for facilitating online:
- Virtual Facilitation Tools Spreadsheet
- Online meeting platforms research: Campaign Bootcamps’ access review of platforms
- Quick Guide to Online Meeting Platforms
- Tips for Zoom Breakout Rooms
- 28 Tools for Online Brainstorming and Decision Making in Meetings (2019 update)
- Slidesgo – free Google Slides themes and Powerpoint templates
Tips for facilitating online:
- The Definitive Guide To Facilitating Remote Workshops
- Online Meeting/Gatherng Resources
- How To Facilitate Effective Virtual Meetings
- Online Facilitation in Design Engineering Overview
- Getting Started with Online Training & Facilitation
- Leading Groups Online
Tips for specific activities:
- 10 Ways to Use A Spectogram Online
- Virtual icebreakers for remote teams
- Advance Your Meeting Conversation with Norms
Click below for the other blogs in this series:
- Part 1: What to consider when picking your tech
- Part 2: Prepping an online session
- Part 3: Building trust in a group online
- Part 4: Thinking about learning styles and needs online
- Part 5: Post-training application and follow up online
Click here for a downloadable PDF of the whole series
Previous & Next Articles
Fighting for Prisoner Rights: Prisons, Abolition and COVID-19
Jodie, a graduate of our most recent Bootcamp, shares her experience campaigning for prisoner rights and abolition in the midst of COVID-19. She also tells us about her new project, 'Our Empty Chair':
Post online training application and follow up: Top tips
What happens next? When your online training is coming to an end, how to you ensure participant engagement, evaluation and reflection? Nim shares their top tips in the final part of their blog-series.