Applications opening this Summer!
13 - 18 October, 2019
Gilwell Park, near London
Campaign Bootcamp is a week-long training residential that supports you to develop the skills, confidence, and community to run a great campaign.
The training brings together 35 new campaigners from across the country (and sometimes from other parts of the world) to learn and build a community together.
In the course of a week, Campaign Bootcamp will take you on a journey through planning and running an effective campaign, giving you space each day to work out how what you have learnt applies to the work you are doing. Each day has a different theme reflecting a different part of your campaign. By the end of the week you should come out with a campaign plan you can take forward for the next year or so.
Applications for Campaign Bootcamp 17 will open in the Summer.
Sign up to our newsletter here to get a notification when applications open.
Scroll down to find out more about Bootcamp…
What Will I Learn at Bootcamp?
What is a residential like?
The Campaign Bootcamp residential is a reflective and experiential training space. This means lots of time to think about your own campaigning, to learn from other people, and to try out new things supported by our training team and campaigners from across many different movements.
We see Campaign Bootcamp as a space for new campaigners, as well as those who have grassroots experience and are looking for a space in which to reflect on and renew their campaigning. If you’re not sure if it’s for you, just drop us a line on [email protected], and we can talk it through with you.
What do we cover?
- Getting to know each other: Introductions to Bootcamp and each other; setting expectations for the week
- How to strategise your campaign: You will have the opportunity to try out tools to make your campaign more effective and strategic
- Setting your direction: Clarifying your campaign’s values; exploring who holds power; identifying goals, objectives, strategies and targets
- How to work in your group: We will give you tools and ideas to build your campaign collective and keep it happy
- Who’s involved?: Analysing the strengths and weaknesses of your campaign team; showing care for yourself and your team; how to bring people on board (and retain them)
- How to reach other people: We will spend time thinking through who you are trying to target and how to reach them effectively – including how to make a viral campaign video!
- Your campaigning story: Storytelling for campaigning; setting boundaries in storytelling
- Constructing your message: Communicating your campaign; interacting with the media; interview skills
- Getting your message out there: Creating social media content; making viral campaign videos with your phone
- How to sustain ourselves while campaigning
- … and much, much more!
We will create a space to remind people to have fun while they campaign – this will include creative activities and external campaigners and speakers. Throughout the week you’ll get to hear stories from experienced campaigners to spur you on! See more about Bootcamp’s curriculum and training style here.
By the end of the week the aim is for you to have lots of practical tools and ideas that you can apply to your campaigning and for you to be part of a strong community of campaigners from whom you can draw support after the residential is over.