- Contract type: 15 months Maternity Cover
- Starting: March 2020
- Days per week: 3 days per week
- Location: Anywhere in the UK or Europe
- Pay: £34,110 – £47,860 FTE depending on experience (plus London weighting of £3,480 per year)
- Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
- Application deadline: 9am Friday 31st January 2020
- Interviews: Thursday 6th February 2020
We are a charity dedicated to ensuring that people most impacted by injustice are leading campaigns that affect their lives, from better housing to fairer treatment of migrants to LGBTQ+ rights. Our mission is to support people to run effective campaigns that challenge injustice. We do this by running campaign training programmes that help people develop the skills, confidence and community to change things that matter to them. In our trainings, we prioritise people from communities directly impacted by injustice.
About the job
This role will be at the heart of our organisation – working with our leadership team to champion our trainings at a strategic level. You will be responsible for ensuring our programmes are of exceptional quality, delivering cutting edge content and leading our trainers to deliver our mission. To do this you’ll work across three programmes:
- Research and Development, a new programme designed to let us test new and innovative programmes, both in the UK and internationally, including UNPACKED, our new trainer development programme.
- Bootcamp Residential, a six-day residential campaign training programme for new and grassroots activists.
- Everyday Activism, a community-based training programme for individuals or groups who are interested in campaigning on an issue that impacts them who have done little to no campaigning in the past.
You’ll have a wide remit including:
- Being an active member of the leadership team, feeding into key organisation decisions.
- Leading the strategic development of our research and development programme. Including:
- the management and delivery of our new international initiatives including a skill share conference, and trainer exchanges
- The management of UNPACKED our new UK trainer development programme
- The evaluation of all R & D activities
- Line management of the Training Manager and self-employed consultants to ensure all activities are delivered to a high quality
- Maintaining and improving the quality of our UK programmes by:
- Supervising curriculum development, including an annual curriculum review.
- Managing the Training Manager, to ensure the curriculums are well resourced, planned and evaluated.
- Holding responsibility for ensuring all programmes have trainers who can deliver the programme to the quality Campaign Bootcamp requires, by
- Ensuring all trainers have development plans and opportunities
- Recruiting freelancers
- Holding responsibility for the quality of training delivery by ensuring observations of trainings are done regularly, and taking appropriate action where trainings fall below standard.
- Ensuring Campaign Bootcamp is in line with UK sector standards, and if possible improving standards for working with freelance trainers.
- Feeding into evaluation strategy and delivery by:
- Ensuring training quality is well represented in our six monthly evaluation reports
- Supporting the continued development of our evaluation methodology
|Experience delivering social change training||✓|
|Experience managing trainings||✓|
|Experience recruiting trainers/training teams||✓|
|Experience designing training programmes||✓|
|Experience designing evaluations for programmes||✓|
|Experience managing evaluations for programmes||✓|
|Experience working at a strategic level of an organisation||✓|
|Experience working on or with training programmes/organisations outside the UK||✓|
|Experience with budget management||✓|
|Experience with managing members of staff||✓|
|Experience working remotely using tools like G-Suite, Zoom and Salesforce||✓|
|Experience working within communities impacted by injustice, including low-income/working class people, people of colour, disabled people, migrants and LGBTQ+ people. We are seeking someone who has experience working within these communities either through campaigning or other types of work.||✓|
|Able to communicate clearly and appropriately with different people||✓|
|Able to work effectively under pressure||✓|
|Able to prioritise a varied and fast-paced workload and deliver to deadline||✓|
|Able to develop your own work plan and manage it independently||✓|
|Able to take initiative to develop outreach strategies and creative solutions to problems as they arise||✓|
|Ability to work independently||✓|
|Be a “people person”, someone who enjoys engaging with new people and is a good listener, as well as a good communicator.||✓|
|Aware of how systemic injustice operates in our society (i.e. economic inequality, racism and heterosexism) and excited to explore how best to confront these issues in the workplace||✓|
|Flexible and adaptable to change||✓|
|Respond positively to new challenges||✓|
How to Apply
To apply please fill out the form linked below and submit a CV. The deadline to apply is 9am Friday 31st January. If you have questions, please email Anna Collins Nham, Head of Training, on [email protected]Apply for this job!