- Job Title: Fundraising Manager – Parental Leave Cover
- Department: Fundraising
- Line Manager: Head of Fundraising
- Location: UK,Remote.
- Hours of work: 1.0 FTE (equivalent 37.5 hours per week)
- Salary: £31,830 (FTE per year) + London allowance (if appropriate). We are a flexible and supportive employer. You’ll receive a generous holiday allowance, we will contribute to your pension and give all employees paid sick leave and personal days.
- Contract type: 12-14 months
- Application deadline: 09:30 am, Monday 30th November
- Meeting income targets
- Supporter stewardship
- Internal stakeholder management to further the organisation’s objectives
- Support the administration of the Fundraising team
- Actively contributing to the management of the fundraising team and wider organisation.
Meeting income targets:
- Research, write, submit and manage fundraising proposals to foundations, including funder friendly budgets.
- Researching, cultivating and applying to new foundations.
- Preparing funding proposals, donor reports (including budget reconciliations), donor updates and other related outreach material.
- Supporting the Head of Team with setting fundraising targets, producing forecasts and achieving the fundraising strategic objectives as set out Campaign Bootcamp’s 2020-22 Business Plan.
- Represent the fundraising remit of Campaign Bootcamp at external networking events, sector conferences and funder meetings.
- Supporting the Head of Team with diversifying income streams, including public donations, individual giving and the sale of scholarship places and workshops to NGOs.
- Managing day-to-day relations with a portfolio of current and prospective foundation donors.
- Managing grant awards, including grant agreements, interim reporting, project visits, end of grant reports and budget reconciliations.
- Managing aspects of the development and implementation of a supporter engagement plan for individuals.
- Ensuring all external meetings are well prepared for, and relevant team members are well consulted and prepared.
Internal stakeholder management to further the organisation’s objectives:
- Working with the programme team to ensure our applications and reports are as strong as they can be; this includes managing regular catch-ups, project visits and regular communications through in-person/Zoom meetings, emails and via Slack.
- Ensuring that the Finance and Programme delivery teams have the information they need from the Fundraising team to deliver on grant objectives, primarily through utilising the Salesforce database and regular team catch-ups.
- Supporting the programmes team with their fundraising objectives; this includes funder briefings ahead of meetings, researching new avenues of income (e.g. sales of workshops and places to NGOs) and writing funding applications.
- Supporting and actively contributing to our work to evaluate and improve our programmes.
Support the administration and reporting of the Fundraising function:
- Ensure the CEO and Trustees have access to accurate reports, by ensuring your key accounts are always updated in the Salesforce database.
- Contribute to the design and management of the Fundraising team budget.
- Managing and further developing the relevant administrative infrastructure, including Salesforce.
- Ensuring that the Salesforce database is always up to date with relevant information on donations, donor tracking and reporting systems.
- Contribute to the management of the general fundraising communication channels.
Actively contributing to the management of the fundraising team and wider organisation.
- Delivering excellent line management, developing, supporting and holding colleagues to account.
- Delivering excellent upwards management to relevant managers and project leaders
- Being an active member of the management team, supporting the organisation to develop and apply policies which identify and manage marginalisation.
- Represent Campaign Bootcamp and uphold the organisation’s values at all times
- Work in a sustainable manner with consideration of the natural environment
- External customer service: answer the general Campaign Bootcamp phone via Circleloop and emails relating to fundraising via [email protected]
- Any other reasonable tasks as directed by your line manager or the senior leadership team
Fundraising Manager – Person Specification
- At least three years of fundraising experience in the charity sector, preferably in trusts and foundations
- Stewardship of five-figure grants/donations, including meeting funders, writing reports and completing budget reconciliations
- Using databases, or spreadsheets, to record and manage funder relationships
- Proven track record of building and managing successful funder relationships
- Experience in delivering excellent line management, developing, supporting and holding colleagues to account.
- Fundraising from individual donors and/or community fundraising
- Familiarity with cloud based systems like Slack, G-Suite, Salesforce and Zoom
- Experience in playing an active part in a management team
- Communicating with a wide range of stakeholders, with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent written skills and ability to breakdown complex information for funders
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to prioritise a fast-paced workload and deliver to deadline
- Financial literacy and confident in creating funder friendly budgets and reporting on these
- Excellent time management and administrative skills
- Researching and prospecting skills, as related to fundraising
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Being proactive in the face of new challenges
- Working well with colleagues dispersed across different locations
- Awareness of how systemic injustice operates in our society (things like economic inequality, racism and heterosexism), and excitement about the opportunity to be part of the team that is exploring how best to confront those issues in the workplace and in wider society.
Apply for this job!