- Contract type: Fixed Term – 18 Months
- Starting: ASAP
- Days per week: 5 days a week, 37.5 Hours, excluding lunch.
- Location: Old Street office
- Pay:£30,480 to £37,960 FTE (Including London Weighting) – depending on experience
- Reporting to: Head of Finance
- Application deadline: 9am Monday 25th March but applicants will be reviewed as they apply and applications may close early if a suitable candidate is found.
Our mission is to support people to run effective campaigns that challenge injustice. We do this by running campaign training programmes that help people develop the skills, confidence and community to change things that matter to them. In our trainings, we prioritise people from communities directly impacted by injustice.
Your role will include, but not limited to;
- Lead and manage the annual audit including preparation of the statutory accounts and liaising with the external auditors.
- Line-management of Finance Officer, including mentoring and training.
- Production of draft management accounts, with transactional support from the Finance Officer.
- Supporting the Finance Officer to manage the sales and purchase ledger cycle.
- Responsible for reviewing all monthly balance sheet reconciliations are accurate, rectifying any errors or queries, completed on a timely basis, in line with the departmental timetable
- Responsible for reviewing all budget holder reports are accurate, rectifying any errors or queries, completed on a timely basis, in line with the departmental timetable
- Working with the Head of Finance to support budget holders with budgeting, review and forecasting.
- Supporting the Head of finance with the implementation of a new mid-level Finance System.
- Supporting the Head of Finance, as required.
To thrive in this role you’ll need:
- Strong financial aptitude. Ideally having worked for 4-5 years in a similar role.
- Qualifications; A formal accountancy qualification E.g. ACCA or CIMA.
- Detail oriented and well organised. You should able to work well under pressure, prioritise a varied and fast-paced workload, and deliver to deadline.
- Great IT skills. You should be very comfortable, and competent with mid-level accounting systems, spreadsheets, data management (particularly Salesforce) and online tools such as G-Suite, Trello, and Slack.
- Good communication skills; Including the ability to communicate complex financial requirements to non-financial colleagues. Ability to assimilate complex financial and written information quickly and accurately
We expect you to be:
- Aware of how systemic injustice operates in our society (things like economic inequality, racism and heterosexism). We are looking for someone who is excited to be part of team that is exploring how best to confront those issues both in the workplace and in the wider society.
- Comfortable working in a small and expanding organisation, which means being flexible, adaptable and capable of responding positively to new challenges.
As we grow these skills could become useful:
- International NGO experience. and/ or working in a multi-currency environment. This is particularly relevant as we are considering expanding our work into overseas areas.
- VAT. Ensuring the necessary transactions are captured by the finance system, ensuring the correct rates are documentation are utilised and completing partial recovery VAT returns, if we approach the VAT threshold.
- We value creating a working environment that allows you to flourish.
- We welcome applications from migrants, however you must already have, or be able to secure, the right to work in the UK for this role.
To apply, please fill out this form answering the questions and submitting your CV. The absolute deadline to apply is 9am Monday 25th March, but we will be reviewing candidates as they apply and may close early if a suitable candidate is found. If you have questions, please email Alex Credé, Head of Operational Support, on firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be offered as candidates apply with a weeks notice provided. There may be a second round including a practical task to be completed remotely, further information will be provided to shortlisted candidates.Apply for this job!