Job title: Distance Learning Trainer
Contract type: Fixed term for 12 months
Starting date: ASAP
Hours of work: 1.0 FTE (equivalent to 37.5 hours per week)
Location: Anywhere in the UK
Salary: £25,225 – £33,108 depending on experience and location
Benefits: 5% employer pension contribution, 28 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays and additional closure days in December
Reporting to: Programme Manager
Application deadline: 11.30pm on Sunday 12th July
To arrange an informal chat about the role please contact [email protected].
We are a charity dedicated to ensuring that people most impacted by injustice are leading campaigns that affect their lives, from better housing to fairer treatment of migrants to LGBTQ+ rights. Our mission is to support people to run effective campaigns that challenge injustice. We do this by running campaign training programmes that help people develop the skills, confidence and community to change things that matter to them. In our trainings, we prioritise people from communities directly impacted by injustice. In response to the urgent needs created by Covid-19 we are taking our training online and need an experienced trainer to join our internal team of trainers.
About the job
We are seeking a Trainer who will help us design and deliver content for our exciting new distance learning programme for campaigners. This is a new area of work for us that has arisen from the social distancing requirements of the covid-19 pandemic. We are looking for an experienced trainer with strong online facilitation skills who can be active in the development of this area of work guiding what our new programme looks like going forward. The successful applicant will join our existing team of trainers providing accessible campaigning training to people most directly impacted by injustice in this country and globally, such as low-income/working-class people, people of color, disabled people, LGBTQ+ people and migrants/refugees/asylum seekers.
We are looking for someone who has experience in delivering training focused on campaigns. You’ll be supporting our new and existing work which has empowered our graduates to testify before Parliament, organise national demonstrations, change laws and create successful campaigns addressing issues in their communities.
We know there is a huge demand for our work, so are working hard to grow our organisation in a sustainable way. You’ll be a key part of doing that – by helping us deliver powerful online programmes.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of training programmes and resources
- Deliver remote training to participants
- Help to build a community of campaigners
- Administrative support for the training programme
Contribute to the ongoing development of training programmes and resources
- Revise and create training materials to meet our participants needs
Deliver remote training to participants
- Support external facilitators and trainers in delivery of distance learning
- Contribute to the recruitment of participants for distance learning including selection and preparation of participants as required
- Develop session plans and post-session write ups for distance learning trainings
- Lead workshops and facilitate discussions in our virtual and remote training activities
Help to build and support the community of participants and graduate campaigners
- Assist with the development and delivery of alumni programmes
- Support participants’ emotional and access needs before and during the training to enable equitable participation in campaign bootcamps activities including our alumni programmes.
Administrative support for the training programme
- Manage evaluation and monitoring of community-based trainings
- Manage participant data in our Salesforce database
- Work within agreed budget
- Provide information for grant applications and reports
- Develop and maintain objectives and work plans for the roles responsibilities
- Work in a sustainable manner with consideration of the natural environment.
- External customer service: answer the general Campaign Bootcamp phone via Circleloop and relevant emails via [email protected]
- Any other reasonable tasks as directed by your line manager or Leadership Team
- At all times adhere to relevant legislation including GDPR
- At all times take personal responsibility for exhibiting behaviours in line with the person specification and the values of Campaign Bootcamp.
|Experience delivering training online||✓|
|Experience designing and delivering training materials for remote use e.g paper||✓|
|Experience developing effective social media materials, outreach fliers and website content||✓|
|Experience working within communities impacted by injustice, including low-income/working class people, people of colour, disabled people, migrants and LGBTQ+ people. We are seeking someone who has experience working within these communities either through campaigning or other types of work.||✓|
|Experience designing and adapting training materials for different audiences||✓|
|Able to communicate clearly and appropriately with different people||✓|
|Able to use technology in creative ways to interactive||✓|
|Able to work effectively under pressure||✓|
|Able to prioritise a varied and fast-paced workload and deliver to deadline||✓|
|Able to develop your own work plan and manage it independently||✓|
|Able to take initiative to develop creative solutions to problems as they arise||✓|
|Ability to work independently||✓|
|Be a “people person”, someone who enjoys engaging with new people and is a good listener, as well as a good communicator||✓|
|Aware of how systemic injustice operates in our society (i.e. economic inequality, racism and heterosexism) and excited to explore how best to confront these issues in the workplace||✓|
|Flexible and adaptable to change||✓|
|Respond positively to new challenges||✓|